Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Big announcement- Derby on Sunday!!!

This will be BOTH Lola's and my unofficial entrance into the eventing world. Its a BIG deal for me! Aside from schooling cross country on other peoples horses, eventing has been foreign to me, just an idea, a way of life, a super cool, kick-ass way for OTHER people to have fun! Until now...

The UC Davis Eventing club is putting on a little Derby on Sunday, and, just my luck, they have a division for "Hopefuls" or in my case "Hopelessly Chicken"! I mean really, I've jumped before, I don't have any real show record over fences, but I've schooled over 3ft fences on and off in my life of taking lessons. I have a talented mare who really enjoys jumping. We COULD do something bigger, but why push it? I'm thrilled to be going, and even more thrilled that I will be able to convince myself we CAN do this despite show nerves, because of the super easy prospect of the Walk-Trot Intro Test A, and an 18 inch course.

This will be on the grassy field, and there will be a combination of regular jumps and natural obstacles, so we'll get a bit of a taste of the cross country. And that little bit will be plenty seeing as we've never formally schooled cross country!

I'm super excited. The pace is set for trotting and cantering, I will be perfectly happy trotting to every jump and trying our luck just cantering between fences.

I'm feeling good about the ride time of noon, gives me plenty of time to get there and get tacked up and warmed up without fretting. But I'm oh so confused about what time I'll be jumping.

I think I've got my grooms/camera crew on board. So its official, first schooling show of the season breaks me into the world of eventing!

No comments:

Post a Comment