Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Pictures and video from the show



I thought I'd share the video from our 3rd time on course- like I said in the first post on the show, we did the same course for each class. This was Equitation over Fences. We took 1st place! (Out of two riders...) It felt good to nail a course with really tough turns. I think the lines were just a tad too long, we had a hard time getting them. We got the four and five strides here, but you can see the second fence in the line is jumped pretty long.We chipped on the three stride line. Not surprising, I guess, since we had such a tight turn before fence number 5, and not much momentum. Over all she was a lovely easy ride, but you can see me getting left behind a bit... I was getting tired and a little bit of heat stroke with that coat!

I pulled a few of the good pics, in no particular order!

Glamour shots before tacking up.

She couldn't help but listen to the show stuff going on behind her!

This is what I am talking about with taking some of the fences from a long spot. Look at her stretch!

This could have been 4ft wide ditch! But we got the striding between!


This is jump #4 that we were taking at an angle each time to make it around to jump #5.

She looks so unimpressed with the size of these jumps.

This "tail flying" picture makes it look like we're going SO fast!

Listening to my constant commentary about what she needs to fix... bigger step, more flexion, re-balance... apparently I've insulted her in this picture!

Looking lovely and serene!

I love her happy face here.

One ear listening to me behind her- I'm sure I was jabbering away.


No comments:

Post a Comment