Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

First Show Post!!!

I was waiting to post until I had pictures and video. So here we are a whole week later, but I've got pictures and some terrible video.


I took Lola into only two classes, both walk-trot only. In both classes she had moments where she felt really good, but the rest of the time she was looking to the outside and thinking that the monsters out there were pretty scary! That's the thing with green horses, they lack the consistancy and experience to keep their focus on the job at hand.


Looking at the video and pictures we looked better than I thought. My mom and dad very graciously met me at the show to be my grooms and cameramen and to get yelled at a lot by me who channeled all my nerves towards them so that I didn't direct them at my already nervous horse! My mom was still trying to figure out the new video camera, so most of the footage, while not great to start, was rendered un-usable because of the shaky camera, video of ground, bad zooming, or just following the wrong horse. Some of the stuff had really good parts, but then the camera is staring at the ground for the 30 seconds following. If I ever figure out how to edit it, I'll post it! Here's what we did get... not the best, but you can at least see a horse and rider in the picture!






Its nice that we caught something Lola does well: back up and walk! Yeah for small victories! I do have to say that she's doing this fairly calmly right next to the loud bleachers of fans that sit next to the scary judges box and speakers. So she was doing pretty well here! We were also about 10ft off the rail! ;)

We got at least one shot of her trotting... I think I was looking down to check my diagnal... naughty me!


We got a nice shot of her walking, this was the second class where I actually bothered to braid her mane. Looked pretty good, but I just need to get it stay!

She even stood pretty in the line up.

Overall it wasn't a bad first show! We're hauling out for lessons the next two weekends, then off to another schooling show the weekend after that. My boyfriend will be coming out to get some video at that one. So even if we have to do it in the warm up arena in order to get good footage we'll have something to showcase all our work!

I plan on getting batteries in the camera and getting some more regular pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment