Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

More poles... this time in a wind storm!

Crazy weather. I got out to the barn late, because I worked late and stopped by the store on the way out. The rain hadn't started yet, but it was windy as heck and the air had that "approaching doom" feel to it.

I figured it was getting dark soon and I didn't really want to pick a fight trying to ride in the spooky storm weather, so I just threw wraps on her legs and grabbed a lunge line. We did a whole variety trot poles until the light went away. (Hard to pick up your feet if you can't see the poles!) She did well considering the circumstances. She didn't have to work hard or very long or on anything real difficult. She just had to pay attention in a storm!

Hopefully tomorrow I can get out there early enough to get in a good ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment