Pages

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

And we're back!

I was very relieved to see that there was no swelling and no heat after lunging Lola yesterday. So it turns out that I'm just a crazy worry-wart and although its a tiny bit embarrassing, it is VERY good news. Tonight when I saw the barn owner I thanked him for checking on her leg so much, he said he was worried too that first night, but it really looked totally normal by Thursday. He added that his wife, the real trainer and horseman of the two, said from the beginning it was nothing and that she'd be fine. I'm glad she was right. The vet, also thought I was a little batty for calling her to ask if I should bring in a horse that had no swelling and no sign of lameness. Ok, I'm starting to see that my imagination got the best of me here...

Tonight we did more easy stuff. I just brought her in and curried some fuzz off, then ponied her off Bear at a walk and trot. Nice and simple, we didn't go for very long since it was late already, but it was good for her to have to do it again since its been a while. I'd like to pony her around the property or on trail rides once the rain let's up, but by the time it dries up she'll probably be so well set under saddle I'll be riding her on the trail instead. She also had to stand tied in the arena while I rode Bear a little more. She's very patient.

Tomorrow she'll get the night off. She's really shedding out. I hope to get out there this weekend while its like out to groom her out in the pasture where I don't feel so bad about all the hair on the ground. I don't know though, I bet if either horse saw me in daylight they wouldn't know who I was! Its been ages since I've done anything with them before dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment