Pages

Friday, January 29, 2010

Ride #4

I am so impressed with Little Miss Lola. I am taking it easy with her physically but still wanting to challenge her in her training. So tonight we did just under 20 minutes of lunging at the walk and trot with side reins on after she warmed up a bit. Then I hopped on and rode for about 10 minutes. We did walk and trot under saddle, and she did great! It was also her first time in the arena alone. She was certainly more interested in being at the gate end of the arena, but that’s natural. I can’t believe how great she feels trotting! Plus she comes right back down to a walk. So much fun!

Tomorrow night I plan on doing the same thing if I can get to the arena right away after work. Then Saturday the plan is to mix it up a bit, and it will depend on how crazy the barn is with everyone out there. It was much busier tonight than usual. So I spent some extra time grooming while waiting for people to finish up. It’s good for her to wait a bit. Then I lead her around in the arena while the last two horses were still walking around so that she could get used to other horses besides Bear being in there. The next big step for her will be to canter under saddle, but I think she needs some more time balancing herself at the canter on the lunge line with side reins on.

She was a great treat at the end of a terribly hectic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment