Pages

Friday, May 14, 2010

Jumping! WEEEE!!!!

So first of all, I have to say how proud I was that I successfully squeezed in a lunch ride on Wednesday! Totally has nothing to do with this post, but I had to buy my supplement feed and drop it at the barn while on lunch break, and I couldn't resist throwing a bridle and bareback pad on Lola. I set my phone timer for 10 minutes so I didn't get carried away. We did some really good walk to sitting trot transitions! Fun! Then I went back to work and work didn't seem so bad... Nothing like a horse to put you in a good mood!

Tonight, though, is the big post! Tonight we actually started doing the jumping gymnastics under saddle! Its time. I've put it off long enough, and that's because I'm chicken. So we stuck to really easy low stuff, because I'm chicken. But despite the fact that I'm a big ol', that's right, CHICKEN, Lola did fantastic! We even got video! Thanks to an ever so patient boyfriend.

So its all pretty low, and after looking at it, it doesn't seem very impressive, and I realize I need some major work on myself jumping... which is why I'm so chicken... my sense of self preservation tells me I'm wobbly! Despite that I felt GREAT right after the ride!!! She was being SO GOOD! Considering it was her first time, she did fantastic! She tried her little heart out, and she was focused and paying attention, which are all good things!



So in this first one we weren't too straight, my fault, but she jumped it anyway, just a bit bigger than I was expecting... See my butt come up in the air??? Lola's response was, "Hey I'm working hard enough down here, at least keep yourself up right!" You could read that in her "bouncing" canter after the jump!


I also realize now that I'm looking at the footage, that he was in a terrible spot to get video! I REALLY don't want to look at myself from THAT angle! But he doesn't know what angle to get horse shots from. So its unfortunate that he never got one from out in front. Next time...


She was good about trotting in right to the base. She was quiet and responsive. She cantered off nicely each time, and halted when asked. Pretty darn good start!



These are taking ages to load tonight... so there pretty much in here in no particular order. I'm not even sure which is which anymore...


Now I'm off to bed...

2 comments:

  1. Cautionous........not chicken. If you really were chicken you wouldn't be doing it at all. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess so! Its more that tell myself that I'm being cautious for her sake... but honestly she's capable of way more, and I'll be asking her for only a little more, because I'm cautious of my own limitations I guess.

    I did it because it felt great! She was having a fantastic ride! But once I started picking apart my position over fences, I got more and more "cautious"!!!!

    She's a good girl to put up with me!

    ReplyDelete