Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dressage Show Success!

Clipping ears- CHECK!

Trying button braids on mane- CHECK!


















Taming the pony fluff on the top of her tail- CHECK!

Surviving the rainy horse show- CHECK!

Scoring well despite only having her back a week - DOUBLE CHECK!




 I'm very proud of my girl! We did great, and the best news is that I really feel she could do even better. She was too tight and hollow on show day, but at least she still had good impulsion and a great attitude. Bottom line the show day was not nearly as good as our lesson before or after!  If I could get that same work out of her on show day, we'd could be scoring in the 70% for sure! So pleased.

 A few pictures from the day! Thanks to my parents who came out to hold stuff and take photos, I have some lovely shots. Sadly the lighting was against us since it was in the indoor arena with a bright backdrop.
 I just can't stop looking at her awesome tail! I REALLY have missed that with Bear's "nothing-ness" broom tail. Its so flowy and full...
 Love her walk.
 And her carousel-horse canter
I will probably say this 100 times, but I really was so lucky to find a lease-home that put so much time, energy, and love into her! I will be so sad when she finds a new home, but I'm feeling super lucky to have her back for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment