Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

She's back...

She’s back!

Well it has been over a year since she left, and many months since I’ve seen her, but the Lovely Miss Lola is back! 

Her young rider jumped her for me when they brought her back so that I could see what they had accomplished. I was very impressed, and Lola was happy as a clam to jump around with her. She was landing her leads, and clearing everything with room to spare. (2’7” vertical, and 2’9” oxer, and we didn’t put them up higher only because the arena was hard.) Most important, they we're both relaxed and confident with everything they did. I am so pleased that they both had such a positive experience!

I can’t wait for our first jumping lesson. But in the mean time, we’ll working on getting to know each other again so that we can be ready for Saturday’s dressage show. Yikes! Only days to go!

Lola settled into her new pasture very easily. No drama or squealing! She just trotted around like she was putting her stamp of approval on it, then she settled in to graze with her new buddies.

The poor girl looks like a pony compared to her two 17h+ pasture mates!

No comments:

Post a Comment